Plan Your Drafty Home Project to Improve Your Home Comfort
If a home is cold and drafty in the winter, GreenHomes recommends getting a quality energy audit for your home. This is a great first step in planning your drafty home project plan. For example, when done properly, an energy audit will pinpoint the true sources of comfort problems and energy waste in your home such as excessive air leaks or insufficient insulation levels. Furthermore, the energy audit will be your roadmap or plan for creating a more comfortable, energy efficient home.
Common Questions about Energy Audits by Homeowners:
- Why is a quality energy audit a smart place to start?
- What does an energy audit include?
- What does an energy audit cost?
- Is a Free Energy Audit Worth doing?
- What are 10 questions I should ask an energy auditor before I hire them?
- What is my Role as the Homeowner during an Energy Audit?
- How do I find a qualified energy auditor?
- What information should I learn from my energy audit?
Also, remember, a high-quality home energy audit offers a critical step for determining your project for creating a more comfortable home. However, the energy audit by itself doesn’t improve the conditions of the home at all. Finally, only when actually install the prioritized recommendations will you lower your heating cooling costs and feel more comfortable in your home.